over 70 registered walkers
total raised for White Ribbon $21,110
On behalf of Easoto, the event sponsor, Thank You to the fabulous Perth people who gave up their Sunday morning sleep-in on the 18th May to participate in the inaugural Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event at Burswood Park. We had a loud, colourful group of committed people to show their support of White Ribbon: the campaign to end violence against women.
A round of applause for the following:
- The Australian Army Band, who played a great set of rock music
- Kate Porotto, owner of Off the Wall Yoga and Fremantle Yoga Centre, who helped the fellas by leading them through some pre-walk yoga stretches
- Torre Butchers, Bulwer Street, Northbridge who gave us a good price on the sausages
- Melville Bakers Delight, who provided our buns gratis
- Michele Nugent and Ben O'Shea for your media mentions, Community Newspapers and The West Australian Inside Cover respectively
- The event committee and volunteers who enabled everything to run smoothly on the day.
Of course we needed the magnificent men and ladies who came along in their heels, boas, fluffy slippers or "re-styled" shoes to take part in the walk. We were very impressed by the number of men who wore heels, some of which were very high, and completed the entire 1.6km walk in them.
Our sincere and warmest thanks to the walkers, and to the supporters for encouraging their efforts.
Raffle Prize Donors
Please support the donors of the raffle prizes listed below. Thanks to each of you.
Lynda Blanc Individual tax return $150
Lauren Bruty Avon Basket $170
Bunnings Melville Gift voucher $50
Brenton, Fitness Results 5 Session Gym Pass $75
Julie, Jubo Fashions Melville Gift voucher $100
Kylie's Crafty Pram Liners Pram Liner $40
Karen Lloyd, Peard Sales Executive Hamper $40
Ken Lindsay Photographs Photo shoot and print $300
Sue, Olgas Florist Perth CBD Gift Voucher $50
Shelley, Rockafellas Retro Mt Lawley Gift voucher $50